Boost your retail sales in the first quarter of 2020 with printed perforated vouchers
After a hectic lead up to Christmas, where you’ve worked hard sourcing the best stock and pushing hard for sales, the first few months of the new year can seem flat. This is no surprise, as most people are still recovering from the expenditure of Christmas.
If you’re looking to boost sales during the first quarter of the new year, consider using printed perforated vouchers to clear stock that is left over from the Christmas period and attract new customers.
Offering vouchers remains a popular way to boost sales. Just look at the popularity of events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday where buyers use discount vouchers to grab a bargain on items they either want for themselves or that they intend to give as gifts.
As well as boosting sales, vouchers have several other benefits, including:
- They are quick to implement and easy to track – so you can judge how successful your discount voucher campaign has been
- They can be used to re-engage with customers who may not have shopped with you for a while
- Vouchers can be used as a means to gain new customers
- They can be used as part of a wider marketing campaign to draw awareness to a new product/service you are offering
Before you decide to give away printed perforated vouchers, check if it ‘fits’ with your brand. Consider if:
- Offering a discount will devalue your brand image? If you’re a high-end retailer, for instance, discounts may ‘cheapen’ your brand in the eyes of some buyers
- You’re offering too many deals. Repeatedly giving away discount vouchers, may again, weaken your brand image. Plus, it may also be confusing to some customers
- The sales you’ll receive from the discounts will actually make you money – if you’re selling products for less than what you paid for them, it may not be worth doing, unless you feel the discount will result in a huge uplift in sales
When we talk about discount vouchers, it’s easy to automatically think of money-off vouchers, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be that. You could also use consider using:
- % off the total cost of the sale
- Free delivery on goods purchased over a specific amount
- Buy-one, get-one-free
- Buy-one, get another half price
- Exclusive discount vouchers for loyalty members
- Get a bonus item with a specific purchase
- A discount voucher which can be used on the next shop that is over a specific value
For nearly four decades we’ve been working with retailers of all sizes to design, print and supply printed perforated vouchers. Get in touch with us using our online enquiry form to discuss the different options for your business.